Search Engine Marketing Services / Pay-Per-Click Agency
What Is Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Or Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ad Campaign?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising, also known as “paid search,” involves a process of traffic generation to a certain website through buying of ads in Google (known as Google AdWords) using relevant keywords to target potential market or site visitors.
Search Engine Marketing was once was used as an umbrella term to encompass Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and paid searches. However, with the development of the Internet, Search Engine Marketing is now directly referred to as a paid search-related digital marketing activity.
For Search Engine Marketing (or PPC Pay-Per-Click advertising), it means you have to pay a certain amount of ‘advertising fee’ every time your ad is clicked.
Unlike Search Engine Optimization, you can think of it as a way of buying visits for your website rather than earning the visits organically.
Identifying the specific target customer as well as the keywords selection is the core of Google AdWords campaign. The success and failure of the Search Engine Marketing campaign largely depend on how advertisers pick and group the keywords.
> Article: What Is SEO And How It Works?
How Search Engine Marketing or PPC Pay-Per-Click Campaign Work In Google?
Google AdWords is one of the Google’s main products offered to customers who would like to engage in a search advertisement campaign on the Internet. Businesses can display their Google AdWords campaign based on a specific geographic, either locally or internationally. Businesses can also include an Internet Protocol (IP) or location-based address elimination to ensure that they are reaching the right target audiences.
Google AdWords campaign also provides display advertising opportunities that are a specific site-targeted campaign, for different types of ads such as banners, text and rich-media ads. The duration of the ads displayed throughout the day will be based on the daily budget that they have set. Google will stop showing the ads once the daily budget has been fully utilized.
So how does it work?
In short, you pay Google to show your ads either at the top 3 or the bottom 3 of the Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) depending on your Ad Rank. Your ads may also be exhibited through other sites if you have chosen to display ads option.
When someone clicks on your Google ads, you will pay whatever the current cost is for each click, or Cost-Per-Click (CPC). This amount will be deducted from the budget you have allocated during the campaign setup. There are different factors that determine the cost-per-click, such as the volume and competitiveness of the keywords that is targeted. If you choose a more generic keyword, you will end up paying for more since it is more general and frequently searched for as compared to specific keywords that are geared towards the searchers’ search intent.
Google will continue to run your Google AdWords campaign until your daily budget has been used up. And when it reaches this point, Google will halt in displaying your ad until the next day or until you provide more budget for your Google AdWords campaign.
Your ads can be shown in various ways, typically the ‘Search Ads’, ‘Display Ads’ and ‘Remarketing Ads’.
The Benefits of Search Engine Marketing / PPC Pay-Per-Click Advertising
At Outrankco, we utilize Search Engine Marketing help you build a solid online presence in Google’s Search Engine Results Pages. It offers great control and flexibility in your Google AdWords campaigns. This can be temporary, by season or even long-term. Your message will be delivered to the right people at the perfect time.
- Google is the best network out there that can expose your business to millions of customers in the Internet. Paid search ads are located at the top 3 or the bottom 3 of the Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- Your ad’s description, website URL, extensions links and headlines will be displayed to boost brand awareness and exposure. If your potential customers consistently see your business name on top, they are highly likely to click the ad and be directed to your business website.
- With Search Engine Marketing, you can instantly tell your clients what your business offers, and that you can be the answer to what they are looking for.
- This gives you the power to target your clients according to their location. Another awesome feature is that your ads can have different types of languages and set the time you want your ads to be seen.
- This gives you the power to target your customers according to their geographical location. Another feature is that your ads can have different types of languages too and set them wherever you want your ads to be seen. You don’t just limit your business locally; you can venture to global markets too.
- Once your Google search ad has been set and optimized, it will be positioned on the peak spot of the results pages, at the top of organic results. Expect a high volume of traffic boost to your website.
- SEM-specific tools will be used to identify the right keywords that can be used for your Google AdWords campaigns. Google has different types of keyword matching types that we can utilize to better focus on targeting the right audiences for your business.
- You can test your individual Google AdWords campaign performance via A/A or A/B testing, measure and compare the results to identify the most effective campaign that gives you the best conversion rate.
Does Your Business Need Search Engine Marketing / Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- Are you looking for a quicker way to promote your business and gain results?
- Do you want to reach out to your potential market locally or internationally in no time?
- Do you want to do this to a specific area or type of market and not generally targeting anyone in the Internet?
- Do you need a good boost in your ROI?
If your answers for the above questions are ‘YES’, then you need Search Engine Marketing for your business.
You should also identify your business goal. What is your intention in pursuing digital marketing and why you would want to run a Google AdWords campaign? Think and evaluate on whether do you have any reasons to do promotions for your business? And most importantly, do you have a marketing budget for this? Speak to a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) expert to know more on your options.
The Best Search Engine Marketing Agency
A good Search Engine Marketing agency always thinks how to deliver the best return for every dollar spent, runs keyword analysis to identify keywords (as well as negative keywords), as well as A/A or A/B testing to identify the best performing campaigns and actively recommend ways to improve customer’s sites.
Our Search Engine Marketing Process
The success and failure of SEM greatly depend on the capability of the person or the Search Engine Marketing team that is handling this strategy. At Outrankco, we are not just knowledgeable and experienced; we continue to strive for our clients.
We have launched several successful SEM campaigns for various types of businesses. We believe in finding the right keywords, getting the needed conversion and setting a suitable Cost-Per-Click (CPC) that is ideal for your allocated budget. We are confident in what we can do. Give us the trust, and we’ll do the rest.
Here are our proven strategies and the best practices that we implement for our customers for a cost-effective Search Engine Marketing AdWords campaign:
Understand Business’s Goal & Objective
- Build brand awareness and consideration, generate leads, sales or increase site traffic.
- Research on both effective and negative keywords, measure search traffic, competition, and costs associated to select the best keywords for your Search Engine Marketing campaign.
- Develop Google ads with headline and copy targeted at specific keywords, geographic locations and demographic. A/A or A/B split testing to identify high-performing ads.
Monitor & Optimize
- Daily monitoring of the Pay-Per-Click advertising campaign. Identify low-performing ads and launch new ads to keep the results coming in.
Report & Communicate
- Transparent reporting of Ads performance. Monthly reporting for Client’s review. Conversion tracking on Ads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) On Search Engine Marketing
Yes. It has been known to bring in more and new sales and also drive leads.
Below are the simplified steps that you can follow to create your Google AdWords campaign:
- First, sign in to your Google AdWords account. If you don’t have one, you need to create a Google account.
- Click Campaigns found on the page menu on the left.
- Look for the plus button, click on New campaign.
- Choose one or more goals for the campaign that you would like to have. If not goals fit your preference, choose Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
If what you see in your account does not reflect the step #4, you need to choose the type of campaign first and then choose a goal.
- Choose a type of campaign.
- Choose the settings for your campaign.
- Click on Save and continue.
It will depend on how much you are willing to spend, the average Cost-Per-Click (CPC), and the competitiveness of your target keyword. For example, if the average CPC is $2 and your daily campaign budget is $50; your ads will be shown throughout the day until it has been clicked 25 times. Google pause the campaign once the daily budget has been depleted.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is simply a digital marketing method that employs the buying of advertising space from Google to display your products and offering at the top of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP).
On the other hand, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about optimizing your webpage to achieve a high ranking position in the organic Search Engine Results Pages (SERP).
For businesses with long-term goals and want a good online foundation, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) would be a better choice. However, for those who would want a boost in sales, increase traffic, generate more leads quickly, then Search Engine Marketing (or PPC Pay-Per-Click advertising) is preferred.