Are you looking for information about SEO rankings that can help you understand even the most technical side of it? Well, it can be a bit hard on the “techy” side but in this guide, it will give you a better idea on how SEO works in boosting rankings.
> Find out more about our SEO Singapore service
Ranking your target keywords is one of the most important aspects when doing search engine optimization.
According to statistics, users who are looking for what they need usually start in search engines, and that’s about 93% of activities done online. With this, more companies are resorting to this strategy because of its effectiveness in attracting their target market. However, it’s not going to be an easy road for those who are looking into getting the top rankings in search engines such as Google.
We begin by doing it right and continue to push for more improvement. This is a long-term work but the benefits are really good, especially if it’s done correctly.
Continue reading on as you discover the steps on how to help your business become part of the top-ranking spots in search engines.
Boosting SEO Rankings: Awesome Tips
Tip #1: A Thorough Research In Choosing Keywords Is A Must
This tip is probably one of the most crucial elements in SEO; without it, it would be hard for you to drive organic traffic to your website. Doing this also helps you get a better understanding on your potential clients. Here are some mistakes when doing this tip:
- Keywords used are not relevant at all.
- Long tail keywords are not targeted.
- No proper evaluation on how popular the keywords are.
- Not giving attention on having more than one keywords.
Finding the right keywords can be a challenge, but here are some points that you will want to take note:
- Look for niche topics and list them down. Make sure it has a connection to what your business is all about. You think about your customer’s viewpoint whenever they try to look for something that is similar to what you are offering.After you break down the niche topics that you have listed down, you can construct relevant keywords and identify phrases of keywords that your potential clients use to search. For example, the niche topic is “car rental,” searches related show: ‘best car rental company’, ‘cheap car rental in Singapore’, ‘car rental from Singapore to Malaysia’, ‘daily car rental’, etc.
- You have to think deeper on what your potential market could be looking for and what could they be typing on the search tab, the construction of phrases and questions that they might ask, what’s their purpose or intention of searching? Make sure it is specific to you market not just any kind of words.
- Check the “searches related to” part at the bottom of the Google page. You can compare the list you have made here. The keywords you will find are very specific to the types of users who are looking for information. This will give you more ideas.
- You can use the Google Keyword Planner Tool to narrow down your list. If you want to get the best keywords that fit your business and target the SEO of your website, this tool will provide important data on the keywords that you have. It shows you the traffic estimates and the search volume it has to the phrases.
Check the list and remove the keywords that have a lot of volume because this means tough competition on your end. Remove the keywords that are also too slim to have any volume at all. Now, from what you have left on your list, you can use that.
If you dedicate time and effort, you will definitely find the right keywords.
Tip #2: Competitor Analysis Should Be Done
Ranking takes time, money and a lot of effort. There are many companies out there that failed in executing SEO because their approach is not realistic. If you do a competitive analysis, you can create a concrete strategy. Here are the other important steps:
- Who are your main competitors?
- With the keyword list that you now have, use them all and list down the other websites that you will see on the first page of the search engine. They might be using one or multiple specific kinds of keywords that are on the same niche.
- Specific SEO tools can be used here for you to know the competing website’s number of keywords that are ranking in Google. It will be hard to compete against a domain that is ranking a lot of common keywords since it means it has high authority.
- You can focus on using keywords that are long-tailed so that you can have an edge in the competition.
- Understand the websites that you are competing with
- The number as well as the quality of back-links that your competing site has, you will want to analyze it using Ahrefs tool.
- The topical trust flow, check it also using the tool called Majestic SEO.
- You can also learn about the averages of the industry using Link Research Tools.
Tip #3: Back-Link Analysis Should Be Conducted
The back-links are one the many works of SEO that takes time. Establishing high-quality back-links can lead to success in boosting your SEO rankings. This can help your website attracting targeted links. When you do this using the Open Site Explorer developed by Moz.com, below are the key elements that you need to remember:
- The total number of back-links. Most websites that has reputation or authority can be considered having legit links. This also tells you how competitive a site is.
- Exclusive Domains. The more links a website has from many unique domains the better SEO value it has compared to those that have multiple links from domain names. If you get an idea on the quality of links, you will know how much effort you need to exert.
- Check Anchor Text tab. Here, you will see the linking anchor text words – the total number of unique domains as well as the back-links of the competing sites. You can understand how your competing site optimizes using anchor text words, and you can make it better than them.
- Be updated with the new back-links. Under the “Just Discovered” tab part, you will see the new links that have just been set up. It can tell you the strategy that your competitor is using, know if their computer is using unethical practices just to get links and learn if a huge amount of back-links were acquired is just a short span of time.
- The performance of your page. The “Top Pages” tab will help you learn how the site is doing and the reason why the link was made. It also tells the number of back-links pointing towards the common pages of the website.
Tip #4: Title Tag Must Be Optimized
Title tag, also known as Meta Title, is one of the most important elements you must focus on if you want to improve your SEO ranking, and here are the reasons why:
- It is considered to have the most authority than the other tags when it comes to SEO.
- This is considered as one of the highest-ranking factors in Google.
- The first to be noticed in the result page of the search engines.
- In just a few words, you can describe the content on your web page.
This is usually ignored by others, but this should be emphasized when optimizing since it can attract users who are looking for relevant answers. You can optimize the title tag by:
- Avoiding putting multiple tags and making sure that you use it only within the tag.
- Primary keyword is in the tag’s beginning part while the secondary tag comes right after.
- Brand names may be used at the end of the tag depending on your marketing strategy
- For best outcomes, the total number of characters used throughout the text within the tag should not exceed 70.
- Every page of the tags should always be expressive and exclusive.
- No matter how relevant the keywords are, never stuff your tags with it.
Tip #5: Optimize Meta Description
The Meta description is the list of web pages that contains appropriate titles, and the page content’s summary that you see after you search for something, for example, Google. You can frequently see it containing keywords that are being searched for.
One of its main functions is that it tells the searching user about the pages they see on the search engine result page and entice them to click it and be led to the relevant web page. With this, it can greatly help in increasing the click-through rate of your page, which is a big deal for Google.
The Meta description may be optimized by these tips:
- Be concise when you write it. Limit it to not more than 160 characters.
- It should be written in actionable voice and not in a passive manner if you want people to read and click on it.
- You should have a reason for users to click it. A call-to-action may be included.
- Make sure that the Meta description matches your page’s content to ensure relevancy and avoid bounce rate.
- If you include the primary keywords for your website within the Meta description, this can be emphasized in the search engine result page or SERP.
- Make sure it is written uniquely, and it is informative at the same time for every single page.
Tip #6: Optimize Header Tag (HTag)
There are 6 heading tags: H1 to H6 but the most commonly used is H1, H2 and H3 tags. Once you optimize these tags, the crawlers of search engines can understand your content’s relevancy, and this can greatly help in boosting your SEO rankings. You have to make sure you do the following:
- One H1 tag should be used, about two to three tags of H2 and then for the rest of the subheadings you can use the H3 tags.
- Create variants when using keyword phrases that are relevant.
- It should be straight to the point and short.
- Start it with your main keyword.
- Appropriate content must be added to every tag.
- The placement of every tag should be in proper order.
Tip #7: Optimize Anchor Text
This is a hyperlink that’s clickable and is linked to another web page. It can push your website’s ranking up especially if this is done correctly. Be careful doing this part since Google can penalize you if you do it wrong. To optimize anchor text:
- Use text that is relevant to the content you are linking to.
- Avoid using the same text throughout the website. Have more variations and in both long and short tail version.
Tip #8: Leverage on Blogging
You can provide true value to your users and astonish the search engines at the same time when you constantly update your web page with fresh blogs. This way, you can also attract visitors. Here are the reasons why blogs can be powerful to improve your SEO rankings:
- The fresher and high-quality content you provide, the more search engines see it as a relevant site that users may visit.
- This allows you to make appreciated content in niche keywords and topics.
- This is a great way for you to build more back-links from the right sources.
Tip #9: Build Links By Utilizing Email Outreach
Here are some basic steps that you can follow when performing email outreach:
- You can use Ahrefs or Open Site Explorer; these analysis tools that can find the competing site’s back-links.
- Look for email addresses of all the web pages that link in the web page of the competitor and then choose whoever is best to be contacted.
- Send personalized email to ask them for a back-link so that it does not sound so ‘spammy’.
Tip #10: Social Engagement Affects Ranking Too
What affects organic rankings is the posts in your social media, especially if the engagement rates are high, this leads to a good number of shares on the same content and receiving click through rates that’s above-average.
Improving social engagement can be done by sharing a video content that’s relevant, mentioning or tagging influencers as well as bloggers, sharing helpful content to your followers, posting fresh content frequently and adding appropriate hashtags.
Now you have an idea on how things work in SEO and boosting your rankings. High success rate on achieving this goal may be done so long as you work with an SEO company who is not just experienced but also knowledgeable in this field.