If there’s one thing a business owner should worry about, it is the tough competitions that always presence in today’s market. New businesses being established every day and this add on to the competition.
If you’re struggling to rank and outrank your competitors, this discussion might be the one for you. We will talk about 4 different steps that you can do to outrank your competitors.
1. Fill Up The Knowledge Gap
All types of information can be found on the internet. Sometimes, it is overwhelming to find the perfect content that can answer the problem or queries. A huge population of authors and content writers are present online. They have authored different articles about the needs of the people in terms of academic and non-academic use. As it continues to add up in the system, plagiarism, poor copywriting, duplicating, and publishing irrelevant content has taken the vital essence of an article into the gutter. Some of these do not have meaning and no purpose in educating the readers. Repetition of topics and content that will weakens the credibility and conflict of ideas.
The primary purpose of an online article is to impart knowledge and educate readers. Writers write content to fill in the knowledge gap, and researchers will discover something to fill in the needs of the community. What could be better than to solve existing problems and generate new knowledge to solve world-scale issues?
Integrating this holistic concept for your SEO can be greatly beneficial. Everyone in the SEO industry all agreed to one thing and that is content creation. It is the best strategy to boost your ranking and generate web traffic. That is why investing in a reliable SEO agency is necessary. They will help you fabricate unique and effective keywords to answer the queries from the users and lead the customers in finding a suitable product or service.
Here are some of the few things you can consider:
- Identify the best keyword that targets the correct content for the readers. Long-tail keywords are more focus and specific as compared to short-tail keywords.
- Use online program to assist you in finding the topics that other websites have failed to cover. Remember, it is all about filling in the gap.
- After acquiring the information on what you need to cover, assess what your readers want before starting writing.
- Answer these questions first before publishing the content
– What are your customers looking for in a website?
– What kind of information do they require?
– What should be the next content I should write to drive in more readers and answers to their queries?
- Lastly, the overall optimization of the website. Add images and videos to the content for a more engaging interaction.
If you are having a hard time finding the knowledge gap to fill in, do more research, and dig into deeper studies. Asses all the information online and eventually, writes original, unique content.
2. Integrate Backlinks On A Website
Another best way to counterattack and outrank your competitors is through backlinks. Earning organic backlinks is an immense help for your website, but it is a lengthy process. Backlinks sometimes, referred to as inbound links, occur when someone mentions your website and links it to your website. It is important since it helps search engines to determine the authority of your website and the relevance of content. Google algorithm mainly focuses on the quality of links, not the quantity. These links are contents and blogs that are useful to answer queries and for research purposes.
Your competitors might have worked on their backlinks effortlessly that made your ranking went down and attracts all potential customers into visiting their website. Use online tools like Majestic and Ahrefs to make a list of articles that linked to your competitor’s webpages. After that, you will be able to know what links to make to get ahead of your competitors.
3. Regularly Fix & Monitor Site‘s Speed
Web owners should prioritize UI and UX, and that includes website loading speed. When a user visits your website, make sure they are satisfied with the loading of the webpages to access the content. Based on statistic, 53% of mobile users will leave a website if it took more than three seconds to load. It could potentially affect the reputation of your website and lose a significant amount of web visitors. It is not always dependent on the speed of the internet connection but how your website perform for the user to navigate easily.
Use GTmetrix and Google’s PageSpeed Insights to assess the speed of your website and how you can improve it. The first impression of the users always starts with the speed site, and the rest will follow.
4. Establish A Social Media Presence
Social media have the biggest population of virtual users and the widest interaction platform. To name a few, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest are the stop social media applications. Using social media can help you gain massive web traffic and increase your online visibility in no time. However, social media won’t do anything to your SEO. Rather it is a tool to attract users to visit your websites to push up the traffic count.
Here are some steps to use social media effectively for your business.
- Be active on all social media accounts. Create pages and group to introduce your business, so other users can discover it.
- Regularly post quality content about your business and be consistent in managing all the accounts.
- Make a schedule on what you need to do to drive customers in and to increase your online presence.
- Invest in Facebook Ads and implement a PPC strategy to improve your ranking.
- Add button features for sharing content and links that will lead them to your website.
Big businesses will always find a way to reach the top and leave you hanging on the edge. Small businesses need to put in more effort to boost their ranking in any way possible. Managing an SEO requires a full-time effort and investment because winning over your competitors will not happen in only 24 hours. Start recalibrating your ways and redirecting your steps by using the steps discussed above and expect desirable results afterwards.